Monday, August 04, 2008

Uptown

I just got back from Minneapolis and had a lot of fun at the Uptown art show. I came home with a fantastic painting by William McCarthy. His booth was across from me and I feel in love with his work. The funny thing is I am not normally drawn to that style of work for my home but his pieces were so incredible I feel in love with them. The icing on the cake was, when I found out he also under paints his paintings in red like I do and signs most of his work scratched through he paint as I do. We are doing a trade. He really liked my "Line Series" so I am going to paint him a 12x12 and ship it to him by November.

I am also having a delivery of my BUG. Micheal Cole has this amazing image of a locust and I have always wanted this photo of his. I am going to hang it in my kitchen. I told the kids about it and they are excited. You know, anything bug related is always cool to a kid.

I met three most fabulous and fun guys in Minneapolis. They made my weekend and I hope to see them again. Sorority Sister, if you read this, I must tell you NEVER to take the bus again. Aryln and Brandon told me it broke down. I hope you found a great drink ( or two) to swallow down. The Thai food was great and hope to meet up with you all again. I wish you all lived in St. Louis!!!!

2 comments:

Heather Haymart said...

Congratulations on getting into Uptown! I love how you explained scratcing your name into the paint. That sounds very cool.

Spillar said...

Yes, I was very honored to get into Uptown. It was a fun show and it was great to see some artist I have not scene in awhile.