Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2004 Goldeneye Anderson Valley Pinot Noir

To my surprise, Fed Ex delivered something other than art supplies. I was so happy to open up the package and find my very own bottle of Duckhorn. For some this might seem silly but for me it was so great. I feel in love with Duckhorn back in the late 80's early 90's, when you still could get a great bottle under $15.

Duckhorn is not only a great wine but brings back wonderful memories. One of the last times I saw my Dad was when he came up to Kansas City to visit. I remember sitting on the deck, my Dad with his usual cigar, sharing a bottle of the Duckhorn Cabernet. We had such a wonderful conversation that night. To this day, I think of him when I smell a good cigar or when I run across a bottle in my favorite St. Louis wine store, Starrs.

I have not had a glass of Duckhorn in years. Every time I think of buying one, I remind myself that I could buy a pair of shoes for my kids with that money.

So thank you Ben, my wonderful patron and friend. It was truly a wonderful surprise.

No comments: