Monday, August 27, 2007

Harry Chapin - Cats In The Cradle

Wednesday my Dad will have been gone for 13 years. Oh how time flies but still stands still. My only wish is that he would have met my kids. I remember sitting in the hospital room after his heart attack showing him my latest paintings. He was so excited to see them. He walked out of that hospital and our relationship began. After that our evening chats on the phone began. He would chat with me, than he would talk to Grandmother, than Grandmother would talk to Aunt Bev, and then I would here back from me Grandmother. It was truly a fun little gossip train. A few years later I got the phone call in the middle of the night that he had been killed by a logging truck on I70...

A long time has passed and memories fade but this song alone sums up the memories of my Dad. Funny how a song changes meaning over the years as you heal.

No comments: