Thursday, September 04, 2008

Silent and Live Auction 2008




I am proud to be donating this painting to the Silent and Live Auction 2008 which will benefit The Center on Halstead. The painting is titled "Mist" and the dimensions are 20x20. So if you have fallen in love with this one, click here to find out how you can place a bid.

A little known fact about art donations and why I rarely donate my artwork unless it is a superior cause....As an artist I am not entitled to deduct the full value of a painting on my taxes. I can only deduct the cost of materials. This does not include my time or the true value of the work. But if you owned one of my pieces and wanted to donate it you could deduct the full value of the art work.

The current status of H.R. 1524 is that it has been referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. The Senate also has S. 548

1 comment:

Jordan said...

It is incredibly generous of you to donate your artwork to such an amazing cause.